Comment Moderation Policy
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which powers the Victoria Summit 2021, encourages readers’ contributions.
We have provided an interactive platform for the public to share ideas, thoughts and opinions that add value to the conversation on how we can make Victoria the best place to live, work, learn and operate a business. However, we are selective in what we choose to publish in line with our moderation policy below.
Comments that are welcomed include:
- Well-articulated, passionately argued opinions.
- Comments offering a perspective informed by experience.
- Comments that add to the conversation.
- Comments that are worth the time of our audience to read.
- Comments that address a particular theme, topic or question posed relating to the Victoria Summit 2021.
- Comments which are coherent.
- Comments from people who choose to share professional details such as name and job title are also more likely to be published.
While we value healthy discussion, we reserve the right to moderate comments on our website. Our moderators will not publish comments which:
- Use abusive language or personally attack individuals;
- Are defamatory, libellous, or obscene;
- Violate intellectual property law;
- Contain personal identifying information, sensitive personal information or information of a confidential nature;
- Include affiliate marketing, link referral code, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- Stereotype, intimidate, or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, nationality, age, or ability;
- Fabricate, deceive, or mislead;
- Are clearly not related to the Victoria Summit 2021 goals and objectives, including comments that advertise, solicit or promote commerce/products/services;
- Incite or promotes violence or illegal activities;
- Contain information that could compromise individual or public safety; or
- Contain content – including photos, comments and links – of a sexual nature.
We reserve the right to stop accepting comments on a particular discussion when a point being made has become repetitive, or where we judge that the cumulative effect of multiple comments is becoming too excessive for those involved in the topic under discussion.
If you spot a published comment which you believe is not in keeping with our comment moderation policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we review the comment.